The Star of Castle Rock - A Community Symbol of Hope

Today I'm blogging at HHHistory.com about one of the Christmas icons in my local area. 

***** 

Most of my growing up years were spent in the vicinity of Castle Rock, Colorado. This is a quaint town along the I-25 corridor between Denver and Colorado Springs. The town is named after a large rock structure that is visible for some time before and after you drive through the town. To me, it never quite looked like a castle, but apparently to the early settlers, it did.

Around this time of year, one of the things that my siblings and I looked forward to the most was seeing the Christmas star shining from the top of Castle Rock. As we were driving, we'd always watch for it to come into sight. The star is quite an icon for the community, but until recently, I didn't know the interesting history behind it.
Click Here to read the full article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Stephanie Landsem With #giveaway!

Cave of the Winds: Historical Colorado Cave & Giveaway! Part 1

When Reads the Heart with Amanda Cabot