Interview with Linda Brooks Davis and Kindle Countdown SALE!

 I'm interviewing Christian Historical author Linda Brooks Davis on Stitches Thru Time! Linda shares about the inspiration behind her latest book, what made her become a writer, and the experience of winning Jerry B. Jenkin's Operation First Novel contest.
Welcome Linda! We're so glad you could visit us today. 
What made you decide to become a writer?

I have been a lifelong voracious reader but havent always enjoyed writing. I think I feared the critiques in my early school days. It wasnt until I entered high school that I learned there was something inside me that longed to put my thoughts and emotions onto paper. During my first year of college, a daily delight was writing letters home to Mother and Daddy and little brother Dale and imagining their vicarious enjoyment of my college experience. I was a bit stunned when a creative writing English professor asked if Id ever considered writing for a career. The thought of putting my thoughts and emotions out there for anyone to see was way too intimidating at the time. And then life happened. It wasnt until 50+ years later when my at-risk triplet grandchildren were born and survived beyond all odds in 2005 that the old longing returned. I knew I must pass along the legacy of faith my ancestors handed me. And I must do so through Christian fiction. 
 

http://stitchesthrutime.blogspot.com/2016/01/interview-with-linda-brooks-davis.html

Kindle Countdown SALE! Get The Master's Calling for only $0.99.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BYCUKKIf you've been wanting to get the final book in the Days of Messiah Series, The Master's Calling, this is the time to do it! It's on sale for only $0.99  until 4pm on January 21st. 



After generations of waiting, the Messiah has come at last. And not a day too soon. All his life, Malon Ben-Tyrus has been stifled beneath Roman laws and religious traditions, and he longs to be free. The oppression of the Romans worsens every day, and the religious system led by the Scribes and Pharisees has grown corrupt.




Malon believes his life calling is to become a disciple of the Messiah and help free Israel from bondage. When Jesus heads to Jerusalem for the Passover feast, Malon knows this will be a historic event. Jesus will enter the city as the Son of David and take His place as the Messiah of Israel. He longs to follow Jesus to Jerusalem, but his family won't allow him to go.



When at last his family consents, Malon arrives in Jerusalem only to discover that he is too late. The man he thought to be the Messiah has been crucified, and Barabbas—his greatest enemy—has been set free.

Appalled by the cowardice of Jesus' disciples, Malon returns home seething with frustration and despair. Everything he believed he was destined to become died with Jesus. Was he wrong about his destiny?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Stephanie Landsem With #giveaway!

Cave of the Winds: Historical Colorado Cave & Giveaway! Part 1

When Reads the Heart with Amanda Cabot