6 Interesting New Year Resolutions From History

Today I'm blogging over at the Heroes, Heroines and History blog! Join me to learn 6 Fascinating New Years Resolutions from History!

Happy New Year everyone! I can hardly believe it's already 2016. With the new year upon us, many are thinking about the past year and making goals and plans for the next. As I was doing some planning of my own, I began to wonder about the history of New Year Resolutions and decided to look into it.

Over 4,000 years ago, the Ancient Babylonians held a New Year celebration. They would often make promises to their gods in hopes of winning their favor. One of the most common was a promise to get out of debt. Interesting, huh?

Read the rest of the post here. 
http://www.hhhistory.com/2016/01/6-fastinating-new-year-resolutions-from.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Stephanie Landsem With #giveaway!

Cave of the Winds: Historical Colorado Cave & Giveaway! Part 1

When Reads the Heart with Amanda Cabot