Too Busy NOT to Pray


A friend of mine posted a great quote from an evangelist on Facebook this morning, and it got me thinking.

"The trouble of it is today, the people don’t have time to get before God and get still. They got so many things to do. They belong to this; they got to do this; they got to have this; they got to go there. You—you don’t have time. The devil’s just took up all your time. You don’t have time to get still before God, get quiet."
       56-0213 - "Hidden Life With Christ"
       Rev. William Marrion Branham


This reminded me of something I'd read a while back from Martin Luther. He said, "I have so much to do today that I'm going to need to spend three hours in prayer in order to be able to get it all done."

Wow. That's quite a contrast to the typical attitude of "I don't have time" or "I'm too busy to pray."

Martin Luther was one busy fellow. He wrote many catechisms, thesis, started a reformation, wrote hymns, and translated Scriptures.If anyone had a reason to be 'too busy' to pray, it would have been him. Yet instead of claiming he was too busy to pray, he said he was too busy NOT to pray.

How's that for some conviction in the Monday Morning inbox?

Comments

  1. Yes, we need to start the day with prayer and pray all day and night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm been so busy that I haven't check my email. But I do have tell pray a little in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.
    William Marrion Branham

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Stephanie Landsem With #giveaway!

Cave of the Winds: Historical Colorado Cave & Giveaway! Part 1

When Reads the Heart with Amanda Cabot