Spinsters with Famous Husbands

I'm blogging over at the Heroes, Heroines and History Blog!

 
Research turns up a lot of interesting facts. I guess that's one of the reasons I love it so much. While researching my family genealogy, I was looking at some passenger ship lists of immigrants coming to America. On the logs, they listed the passenger's occupation. On one page, I noticed that several ladies who were listed as "Spinsters." Hmm. I looked to see how old these gals were...early twenties. Double hmm.

This information hailed much teasing from my siblings since I will be turning 25 on Sunday (And yes, I still live at home in true Jane Austen style. ;). So, I decided to do some research and turn up some "spinster" ladies who married famous and influential men in history. I figured it would be fun to share with ya'll as I commemorate having lived a quarter of a century on earth.
Read the full post here:
http://www.hhhistory.com/2016/05/spinsters-with-famous-husbands.html

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Stephanie Landsem With #giveaway!

Cave of the Winds: Historical Colorado Cave & Giveaway! Part 1

When Reads the Heart with Amanda Cabot