Trip to Steamboat Springs Colorado (with pictures!)

Coming over the mountain into the Steamboat Springs valley
Last weekend, my family and I took a mini vacation to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Nestled in a lush valley surrounded by the majestic mountains, Steamboat has a great climate and rich history. This town was formed by rugged pioneers who had to put up with outlaws, mountain winters, and the fact that Steamboat is pretty far from any large city.




While there, we visited with a couple of my good friends. I stopped to discuss the Declaration of Independence Series with Benjamin Franklin and he posed for a picture with my siblings and me.

I also got to pose with Mark Twain. How cool is that?



While in Steamboat, we visited the Tread of Pioneers museum. It was filled with interesting facts about the area, as well as the Victorian era. They also had an interesting display about the 10th Mountain Division during WWII which is a special division that was trained in the harsh mountain climate and was able to accomplish great missions because of their specialized training.
 
See, I'm not the only woman who ski's in a skirt! Not that I ski much...I'd rather sit in the lodge and write a book.
We enjoyed going to the rodeo while we were there as well. Here's a picture I snapped with my cell phone just as the clown jumped in front of the bull to save the cowboy from being plowed over.
But my favorite thing, was our hike up to Fish Falls on Sunday. We hiked all the way up to the foot of the falls. I stood there in the refreshing mist of the waterfall and thought, this is the life. :)


I have a lot more pictures, so let me know if you're enjoying these and I'll post a part two. :)
I hope you've enjoyed my little trip report. 

 Now here's a question for you, have you ever been to Steamboat Springs? What's the most beautiful or interesting place you've visited?




Best selling author Amber Schamel writes riveting stories that bring HIStory to life. She has a passion for history, books and her Savior. This combination results in what her readers call "historical fiction at its finest". A homeschool graduate from a family of 12 children, Amber found her calling early in life. First published at age 21, she has continued to hone her craft and was honored to be a judge of this year's ACFW Genesis contest. Between ministry, family and working in their family businesses, Amber loves to connect with readers. Find her on the Stitches Thru Time blog, or on any of the major social media sites. 




Twitter: @AmberSchamel





 

Comments

  1. No, Amber, I have never even heard of Steamboat Springs before. I enjoyed seeing your pictures. My favorite place that I visited was the Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Stephanie Landsem With #giveaway!

Cave of the Winds: Historical Colorado Cave & Giveaway! Part 1

When Reads the Heart with Amanda Cabot