Author Interview with W. Richard Lawrence

Today I'm blogging over at Stitches Thru Time with an author interview with Richard Lawrence! Here's a sample.


I'm excited to introduce you to one of my long time friends! Richard Lawrence (or Mr. Lawrence as I've known him) and his wife were two of my speech and debate coaches in high school. I knew then that he'd written a whole line of homeschool science curriculum, but I was very excited when I heard that he's recently released a Christian Suspense!

Mr. Lawrence, thanks so much for joining us today! Please tell us a little about yourself.

I live in northern Colorado with my wife, Debbie, who works as my sounding board while I’m putting my fiction stories together. Debbie and I have backgrounds in electrical engineering and have written 12 award winning science books together. We also ran a science supply company for several years. After a publishing company picked up our books we shut down the business. I then decided to try something different, which I have found I really enjoy – writing fiction. I now write complex high-tech stories filled with distrust, deceit, murder, treachery, faith, love and at times, the ultimate sacrifice.
 
I come to the table of writing with a little different background than many authors. I grew up in a military family which means we moved a lot. I spent nine years in Germany and three in Hawaii, plus I have lived in several different states. By the time I was seventeen, I’d lived in seventeen different places. Once I moved out on my own, I worked as a technician in the Army before going to college for Electrical Engineering. After twenty years in the high-tech world of integrated circuits, I left the engineering field and became an author. This background has given me a unique perspective which I believe comes across in my writings.  

What made you decide to become a writer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Stephanie Landsem With #giveaway!

Cave of the Winds: Historical Colorado Cave & Giveaway! Part 1

When Reads the Heart with Amanda Cabot